Wedding Décor Trends 2017
The approach this year for wedding décor is effortless glamour coupled with (as we saw with bridal fashion trends for 2017) – a return to the classics.
Although blush and muted tones will still be a preference for many brides, 2017 brings more of a movement towards lush colours and themes which lend themselves well to saturated pops of colour, such as the “tropical-inspired theme” – featuring elements such as tropical birds, ferns, pineapples, and other Caribbean flora and fauna.
The “rustic” movement that was on trend for 2015, is increasingly becoming dated. This is why we will see more brides in 2017 turning up the volume on basic “rustic” and giving it a more glamorous and contemporary makeover for their weddings.
They will be replacing the chalkboards and mason jars with more modern alternatives – such as laser-cut wooden signage and place cards, luminaries, candles and vintage glassware. Burlap elements will be replaced with luxe linens or embroidered cotton with botanical details. Rustic-themed invitations will be glammed up with the use of metallic foil printing and crystal details.
Here are some other note-worthy décor trends that will be cropping up this year:
- Bohemian Touches – Reception décor will see more bohemian-inspired elements such as: macramé, crochet, fringe, tassels and tie dye.
- Balloon Sculptures – A far cry from balloon pillars, these sculptures actually look like art installations. This year, balloon installations will be combined with paper flowers, foil streamers and real blooms for a stand-out effect.
- Stone Work – Marble or marbling effects and the use of geodes and crystals will be incorporated into centerpieces or used as edible cake embellishments or place cards.
- The use of succulents/cacti and herbs (think rosemary, lavender, mint and basil!) in centerpieces. Other trendy “green” accents that will be used are moss and wheat grass.
- Suspended flowers – Look up because …centrepieces are still hanging from the ceiling as they were in 2016! This year we will see still see more hanging garlands, blooms suspended from lanterns and geometric glass vases.
For more wedding décor ideas, please visit the TrinidadWeddings’ Pinterest Board here: https://www.pinterest.com/trinidadwedding/wedding-decor-ideas/