Ashley & Michael
Ashley & Michael
October 24, 2020
“We met during the first semester (2010/2011) at the University of the West Indies Mona Campus, Montego Bay, in Jamaica. We had seen each other in passing, at another class before but we finally met in a Psychology class. Ashley ended up sitting next to me and I asked her to borrow a pencil. From that dialogue, we discovered that we shared some “unique enough” commonalities – we are both lefties (left- handed), we both share certain musical interests and a similar sense of humour.
We supported each other as friends through our school years, but then lost touch after graduation. Years later, we re-connected on Facebook and a little over a year after that, I decided that it was worth the risk to move to Trinidad, to solidify our relationship.
The theme that Ashley chose for our wedding was an amalgam of William Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” and the wedding scene from The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1. Some of the unique touches we had were: custom-made rings, shoes that spoke to our individual styles and personalities – Converse sneakers for the groom and blingy designer shoes for the bride.” – Michael
Wedding format in light of Covid restrictions:
- A ceremony at the church
- A ceremony viewing via livestream at the reception venue (for selected guests)
- A 1st reception for relatives (livestreamed to guests around the world)
- A 2nd reception for friends (livestreamed to guests around the world)
- Venue: Church of the Assumption, Long Circular Road, Maraval
- Reception: Ashley’s grandfather’s house in Maraval
- Officiant – Father Ashton Pierre
- Photographer – Amber Dawn Photography
- Caterers – Boomerang Caterers
- Cake Artist – Chef Paul, Pastry Class T&T
- DJ and sound – Damian “DJ Kolarz” Bonner
- Decor and Design -Jennifer Goberdhan Signature Weddings
- Makeup – Madeleine Beauty by Nikisha
- Hair stylist – Melissa Sanderson
- Videography/live streaming – Rink Films
- Wedding Coordinator – Simone Sant-Ghuran, Trinidad Weddings
- Bar Services and Wait Staff – Sterling Parris
- Bride’s Gown – Beloved Bridal, San Fernando
- Gown Alterations – Natasha of “The Alterations Specialists”
- Added designs to bridal gown (overskirt, veil and dress straps) – Reuben Gonzales of “RG: Clothing that Flaunts”
- Bridal heels – Badgley Mischka
- Groom’s Suit – Solomon’s (three-piece suit with military-style jacket)
- Groom’s Shoes – Converse – hi-top black monochrome leather sneakers.
- Groom’s hair stylist – Kissi’s II
- Sanitation services – Ladnek Ltd.